These guys were the auto mechanics of their day! A couple of lost trades, carriage trimming and harness making were just a couple of the services offered by the business of W.L. Lovejoy here in Milford on Elm Street. This 3-story building sat directly in front of today’s granite stone stage just before the entrance to Keyes Field. Over the years, the building served many purposes. The upper floors were used for roller skating and basketball. For a time, it was owned by the Sons of Union Veterans and served as an Armory. Around 1922 the building was purchased by the Granite Grange. During the annual Grange Christmas party on December 18, 1926, a fire broke out and the building was a total loss.